Intern Development Program - IDP
For the most up-to-date information on IDP requirements, please see the links below.
Completion of IDP is required of all new candidates for licensure.
EPC – Emerging Professional’s Companion – www.epcompanion.org
- Besides logging hours in IDP, one can also gain credit by using the EPC.
- Created in 2005 with input from a cross section of the architectural profession, it creates opportunities to earn IDP credit through supplemental case studies related to IDP training areas and activities.
- Reporting Address for IDP credit: https://app.ncarb.org/recordsvc/logon.asp
CIDP – Comprehensive Intern Development Program - http://www.cab.ca.gov/candidates/cidp.shtml
- Required of new IDP participants as of 2005, administered and required by the California Architects Board.
- Requires supplemental documentation of activities completed during IDP unit learning experience, most of which, besides the written narratives, should be produced in the process of completing the work.
- A detailed outline specifies the actual documentation required in each IDP area.
- The intern and supervisor sign CIDP Evidence Verification Form when the required evidence is produced and this form is submitted to CAB.
- CIDP Handbook: http://www.cab.ca.gov/pdf/publications/cidp_handbook.pdf