Get Involved. Be a chapter leader.
2016 Board of Directors Call for Nominations
The AIA Pasadena & Foothill Chapter Nomination Committee will meet to compile a list of nominated and solicited names for the following offices for the 2016 AIAPF Board of Directors. The Committee will send ballots with information about the Nominees no later than October 19th, 30 days prior to the Chapter’s Annual Meeting, which will be held on November 19th, 2015. Ballots will be tabulated and the 2016 Officers and Board will be announced at this meeting.
If you are an AIAPF current board member or officer, a Member, an Associate Member, or Member Emeritus in good standing and interested in being considered for one of the open positions, please submit your letter of interest, a brief bio, and your best “head shot” by Tuesday, October 13, 2015 @ 4:00 PM. (Associate Members may serve as Directors but not as Officers). For more information on the roles and responsibilities, please contact Michelle Acosta at email@example.com.
Please address letters of interest to Chair of Nominations Committee:
Michelle Acosta, AIA
c/o Executive Director, AIAPF
Pasadena & Foothill AIA
555 South Oak Knoll Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101
The expectations for Officers and Directors are as follows:
1. Read and comprehend the bylaws.
2. Attend the monthly Board meeting.
3. In addition, Officers are available for a bi-monthly Executive Committee meeting.
4. Attend the Board Retreat in December.
5. Attend and Support Chapter programs and events.
6. Maintain a binder with key information, contacts, etc. to pass along to your successor.
President: Please note that Michelle Acosta is the current VP/President-elect and will become the 2016 President
Vice President/President-Elect: (1 position available serving a 2-year term: 2016 VP, 2017 President)
Treasurer: (1 position available serving one year term: 2016)
Secretary: (1 position available serving one year term: 2016)
Directors: (10 positions available serving one year term: 2016)
• Director of Advocacy & Government Affairs
• Director of Education
• Director of Associates
• Director of Emerging Professionals & Outreach
• Director of Communications
• Director of Membership
• Director of Sponsorship
• Director of Citizen Architect
• Director at Large (2)